Definition of Reconstructive surgery
1. Noun. Surgery concerned with therapeutic or cosmetic reformation of tissue.
Specialized synonyms: Abdominoplasty, Tummy Tuck, Autoplasty, Cosmetic Surgery, Face Lift, Face Lifting, Facelift, Lift, Nip And Tuck, Rhytidectomy, Rhytidoplasty, Corneal Graft, Corneal Transplant, Keratoplasty, Lipectomy, Selective Lipectomy, Mastopexy, Neuroplasty, Otoplasty, Phalloplasty, Proctoplasty, Rectoplasty
Generic synonyms: Operation, Surgery, Surgical Operation, Surgical Procedure, Surgical Process
Medical Definition of Reconstructive surgery
1. The surgical specialty or procedure concerned with the restoration, construction, reconstruction, or improvement in the shape and appearance of body structures that are missing, defective, damaged, or misshapen. (05 Mar 2000)
Reconstructive Surgery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reconstructive Surgery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reconstructive Surgery
Literary usage of Reconstructive surgery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... AND reconstructive surgery Robert V. DeVito, MD INTRODUCTION Plastic surgery is the branch of surgery concerned with the correction or restoration of ..."
2. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1909)
"PLASTIC OR reconstructive surgery. By JOHN B. ROBERTS, MD,1 PHILADELPHIA. HISTORY. ... These writers proved that reconstructive surgery was possible, ..."
3. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1913)
"THE antiquity of reconstructive surgery seems to be esta the statement of Ehrenfried that plastic flaps are mentioned tion with rhinoplasty in the Ebers ..."
4. Collected Papers by the Staff of Saint Mary's Hospital, Mayo Clinic by Saint Marys Hospital (Rochester, Minn.) (1921)
"... SOME NOTES ON reconstructive surgery OF THE BILIARY DUCTS* DC BALFOUR The surgery of the gallbladder and biliary tract has been distinguished by great ..."
5. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1921)
"The tuberculosis was entirely cured and at the time the article was written reconstructive surgery was in progress. The fourth case was interesting from the ..."
6. Operative Gynecologic Laparoscopy: Principles and Techniques by Camran Nezhat (2000)
"reconstructive surgery for infertility at the Boston Hospital for Women. ... Pregnancy rates after reconstructive surgery on the fallopian tubes. ..."
7. Adequacy of Evidence for Physical Activity Guidelines Development by Carol West Suitor, Vivica I. Kraak (2007)
"His clinical activities focus on arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery on ... He is also working on new instrumentation for ACL reconstructive surgery to ..."