Definition of Related to
1. Adjective. Being connected either logically or causally or by shared characteristics. "Related to micelle formation is the...ability of detergent actives to congregate at oil-water interfaces"
Similar to: Affiliated, Attached, Connected, Age-related, Bound Up, Cognate, Cognate, Connate, Coreferent, Correlate, Correlated, Correlative, Corresponding, Side By Side
Derivative terms: Relatedness
Related To Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Related To Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Related To
Literary usage of Related to
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection: Or, The Preservation of by Charles Darwin (1889)
"... larger genera resemble varieties in being very closely, but unequally, related to each other, and in having restricted ranges. ..."
2. On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection by Charles Darwin (1878)
"Almost every part of every organic being is so beautifully related to its complex conditions of life that it seems as ..."
3. The Nicomachean Ethics of Aristotle by Aristotle (1891)
"... as prudence is related to cleverness, being not identical with it, but closely akin to it, so is fully developed moral virtue related to natural virtue. ..."
4. Origin of Species by Charles Darwin (1902)
"... species of the smaller genera—Many of the species of the larger genera resemble varieties in being very closely, but unequally, related to each other, ..."
5. Psychology, General Introduction by Charles Hubbard Judd (1917)
"One thinks over an offense which has been committed against him and he grows red with rage and tense for an attack. Ideas are related to actions because the ..."
6. Psychology, General Introduction by Charles Hubbard Judd (1917)
"Impulse and involuntary attention related to perception and habit. ... We can do this in some measure by pointing out that bodily activity is related to ..."