¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Riverboat
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Riverboat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Riverboat
Literary usage of Riverboat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Money Laundering: Rapid Growth of Casinos Makes Them Vulnerable by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Initially, riverboat casinos were located primarily along the ... Figure 1 shows a riverboat casino. As of September 1994, 57 riverboats operated in five ..."
2. Orlando & Central Florida by Don Philpott (1999)
"Although the boiler converts water to steam to drive the paddle wheel, the riverboat is actually 'steered' along its half-mile (1km) route on an underwater ..."
3. Orlando & Central Florida by Don Philpott (1999)
"You can get another taste of history by taking a relaxing ride on the Liberty Square riverboat, the Richard F. Irvine, which was actually built in a dry ..."
4. Romantic Weekends the Carolinas & the Georgia Coast by Norman Renouf, Kathy Renouf (1999)
"Both ships are owned and operated by the River Street riverboat Company, ... nah-riverboat.com, www.savannah-riverboat.com, 9 East River Street. ..."
5. St. Louis, Missouri: A Photographic Portrait by Bill Grant, Photographer (2007)
"... riverboat gambling, elaborate buffets and star-studded entertainment can board this floating casino, a replica of a 19th-century side-wheeler riverboat, ..."
6. Costa Rica by Bruce Conord, June Conord (2006)
"A fast boat, the riverboat Franceses, owned by Fran and Modesto Watson (n ... meals and round-trip transportation on their riverboat runs about US $185. ..."