2. Noun. Exercise such as running and jogging done on the roads. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Roadwork
1. outdoor running as a form of physical conditioning [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Roadwork Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Roadwork
Literary usage of Roadwork
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Construction of Roads, Paths, and Sea Defences: With Portions Relating by Frank Latham (1903)
"... side as unsuitable for further roadwork, as their use is liable to injure the surface, and is not so well suited for expeditious work. ..."
2. The Electrical Engineer (1893)
"In addition there would probably be about 2500 yards of additional roadwork for feeders, so far as they are laid unavoidably in streets where there are no ..."
3. Road Preservation and Dust Prevention by William Pierson Judson (1908)
"With less than twenty-five per cent it is not well suited to roadwork. Some samples so tested will show no asphaltum whatever, although there may have been ..."
4. Road Preservation and Dust Prevention by William Pierson Judson (1908)
"... should show twenty-five to twenty-eight per cent, or better, forty per cent. With less than twenty-five per cent it is not well suited to roadwork. ..."