Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Roshi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Roshi
Literary usage of Roshi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of the Hausa Language by Charles Henry Robinson, Hausa Association, London (1913)
"... roshi, a council, consultation, talk, gossip, suna yin roshi = suna yin ... ina da roshi the corn is ground line. 9 * *• rotel* (Ar. Jij), ..."
2. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1896)
"509; roshi'» App. 69 Pa. 462, 8 Am. Rep. 275; 29 L. RA, Every religious society, for its own internal order and for the mode in which it fulfills its ..."
3. A Handbook of Colloquial Japanese by Basil Hall Chamberlain (1898)
"... a collection of articles, lectures, or addresses. roshi, death in prison : roshi sum, to die in prison. ..."
4. The American Reports: Containing All Decisions of General Interest Decided by Isaac Grant Thompson, Irving Browne (1873)
"On the 1st of January, 1868, Peter roshi, Adam Hill, Jacob Bauer and Adam Gundaker were elected elders and deacons; ..."
5. The Coming Power: A Contemporary History of the Far East, 1898-1905 by Michael John Fitzgerald McCarthy (1905)
"roshi statement received no credence ... The Siecle saw in roshi report " no reason for sinking English ves Petite ..."