2. Noun. (alternative capitalization of Saddlebred) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Saddlebred
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Saddlebred Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Saddlebred
Literary usage of Saddlebred
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lewis and Clark Road Trips: Exploring the Trail Across America by Kira Gale (2006)
"... the largest museum of its kind in the world; and the American saddlebred Museum. There is a blacksmith's Farrier Shop, Breeds Barn, Draft Horse Barn, ..."
2. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1901)
"... This action was brought by William S. Williams and others against the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company to recover the value of a saddlebred ..."
3. Management and Breeding of Horses by Merritt Wesley Harper (1913)
"The American saddlebred stallion is rather popular for crossing on common mares to improve the gaits, and the general appearance as well as the quality of ..."
4. American Morgan Horse Register by Joseph Battell, Morgan Horse Club, Inc., New York (1915)
"... black, bred by SW Duncan, got by Red Cross, son of Happy Cross, by Garrard Chief; 2d dam black, bred by SW Duncan, got by Lafayette, saddlebred. ..."
5. Annual Report of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture by Pennsylvania Dept. of Agriculture (1916)
"Hackneys have just held their own until the past season, while Thoroughbred and saddlebred stallions have each shown a substantial percentage, though, ..."
6. Program of Work of the United States Department of Agriculture for the by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1919)
"In 1913, four light (two Standardbred and two saddlebred) and four draft (Percheron) stallions and four draft (Percheron) mares were purchased with money ..."