Definition of Safety deposit box
1. Noun. A fireproof metal strongbox (usually in a bank) for storing valuables.
Generic synonyms: Deedbox, Strongbox
Safety Deposit Box Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Safety Deposit Box Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Safety Deposit Box
Literary usage of Safety deposit box
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annotated Cases, American and English by H Noyes Greene, William Mark McKinney, David Shephard Garland (1918)
"... is bound to use ordinary care in keeping the deposit, although the bailor, who rents a safety deposit box, keeps the key. [See note at end of this case. ..."
2. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1908)
"... subsequently was transferred to a safety deposit box of the plaintiff and, on his giving up the box, again was transferred to the box of the defendant's ..."
3. Department Reports of the State of Ohio: Containing the Decisions, Opinions (1919)
"That within a day or two thereafter said safety deposit box had been examined, for the purpose as stated, by the parties named, it and the contents thereof ..."
4. A Treatise on the Law of Inheritance Taxation: With Practice and Forms by Lafayette Blanchard Gleason, Alexander Otis (1917)
"This will notify you that late a resident of the county of , in the State of , was (the individual or joint) lessee of a safety-deposit box in the vaults of ..."
5. The Transfer Tax Law of the State of New York: Being Sections 220 to 245 by George Washington McElroy (1909)
"This will notify you that , late a resident individual or joint) lessee of a safety-deposit box in the vaults of (Intnl.. or other institution), ..."
6. Privacy in a Fishbowl by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1995)
"Finally, there is the “safety deposit box trust” which allows ready access to your safety deposit box upon your death. Of course if your banks are closed ..."
7. Advertising and Service: Bank Advertising that Really Makes Good, Profitable by A.W. Shaw Company (1918)
"In checking the returns everyone who rented a safety deposit box was questioned in a tactful way by the manager of the department about previous banking ..."