Definition of Security system
1. Noun. (computing) a system that enforces boundaries between computer networks.
Generic synonyms: System
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
2. Noun. An electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in.
Security System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Security System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Security System
Literary usage of Security system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Congressional Committees Investigating the Iran/Contra Affair by Lee H. Hamilton, Daniel K. Inouye (1995)
"Robinette proposed a security system designed primarily to provide protection from trespassers, not terrorists, at a cost of $8500. ..."
2. Sweden by Patrick Anderson (2003)
"The social security system 20-64 The Swedish social insurance system provides individuals with economic security for a variety of life situations and is ..."
3. Future of Social Security for This Generation and the Next: Current State of edited by Jim Bunning (1997)
"Thirty-six percent reported in the RCS that they are not confident that they have a good understanding of how the Social security system works (chart 3). ..."
4. Technology Against Terrorism: Structuring Security (1994)
"The incorporation of an effective profiling system into an overall security system could eliminate a large number of passengers from further screening. ..."
5. Social Security: Promise and Reality by Rita Ricardo-Campbell (1977)
"Under current law the Social security system will have an estimated deficit of 8.2 percent of taxable payroll over the next seventy-five years. ..."
6. The Shape of the New Europe by Gregory F. Treverton (1992)
"FROM A COMMON EUROPEAN HOME TO A EUROPEAN security system Francois Heisbourg The notion of a "common European home" has a rather loaded history. ..."
7. Protecting the Future of Social Security: Hearing Before the Budget edited by John R. Kasich (1997)
"I am trying to figure out how we can get from where we are to some type of privatization in some part of our Social security system. The chairman brought up ..."