Definition of Selfish person
1. Noun. A person who is unusually selfish.
Specialized synonyms: Dog In The Manger, Egocentric, Egoist, Exploiter, User, Hog, Pig, Monopoliser, Monopolist, Monopolizer, Narcissist, Narcist, Opportunist, Self-seeker
Lexicographical Neighbors of Selfish Person
Literary usage of Selfish person
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. English Synonymes Explained, in Alphabetical Order by George Crabb (1816)
"What is lent must be asked for when it is wanted; whatever has been lost and is found must be recovered by a claim; whatever a selfish person wants, ..."
2. Life and Letters of Horace Bushnell by Horace Bushnell, Mary A. Bushnell Cheney (1880)
"You may be a selfish person, thus loving, but this is not your selfishness. In the same way, we may love Christ artistically, as being the perfect beauty ..."
3. The Child; His Thinking, Feeling, and Doing by Amy Eliza Tanner (1915)
"It is sometimes said that the most selfish person is the one most tenderly ... If it is expended upon a selfish person who is believed to be worthy of it, ..."
4. The Economy of Education by William A. Sturdy (1909)
"... for that reason it would be impossible to call the attention away from selfish convictions to demonstrate the futility of what to a selfish person is a ..."
5. The Business of Advertising by Earnest Elmo Calkins (1915)
"However, it is always well to bear in mind that while the storekeeper is a very selfish person, the manufacturer is also a selfish person. ..."