Definition of Senile psychosis
1. Noun. Dementia of the aged; results from degeneration of the brain in the absence of cerebrovascular disease.
Medical Definition of Senile psychosis
1. Mental disturbance occurring in old age and related to degenerative cerebral processes. (05 Mar 2000)
Senile Psychosis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Senile Psychosis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Senile Psychosis
Literary usage of Senile psychosis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Social Aspects of the Treatment of the Insane by Jacob Alter Goldberg (1921)
"Furthermore, up to the last decade of the nineteenth century many cases of senile psychosis* were housed in county institutions, whereas at present all such ..."
2. Report by Pennsylvania State hospital, Harrisburg (1915)
"... exhaustion following struggle in removal senile psychosis, exhaustion of 3 of mass of soft food from pharynx 1 senile psychosis, exhaustion following ..."
3. Report by Pennsylvania State hospital, Harrisburg (1916)
"WWR—senile psychosis. Male, white, married, American, occupation bricklayer and stonemason, aged 68 years. Admitted July 2, 1915; died November 3, 1915, ..."
4. Outlines of Psychiatry by William Alanson White (1915)
"... that has been up to that time following a normal course, or it may occur as an episode in any case of senile psychosis. As in the condition of acute ..."