Alternative terms for "Showing intelligence"
Showing Intelligence Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Showing Intelligence Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Showing Intelligence
Literary usage of Showing intelligence
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Eusapia Palladino and Her Phenomena by Hereward Carrington (1909)
"In the first of these two groups I should place movements of objects without contact, levitations, raps not showing intelligence, musical sounds ditto, ..."
2. Isis Unveiled: A Master Key to the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Science by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (1919)
"... and lower it again, avoiding obstacles and thereby showing intelligence, and still act automatically, the medium remaining all the while passive. ..."
3. Chapters from Aristotle's Ethics by John Henry Muirhead (1900)
"... word as applied to the man of good intelligence generally, seeing that we often use " understanding " and " showing intelligence " as convertible terms. ..."
4. Chips from a German Workshop by Friedrich Max Müller, Christian Karl Josias Bunsen (1890)
"... differing from that of Mr. Darwin, would feel aggrieved by being told that his opinion, though showing intelligence, did not show that real grasp of the ..."
5. College Training for Women by Kate Holladay Claghorn (1897)
"showing intelligence, even if she fail in some small points; and it is intelligence, above all, that the college is trying to test, and welcomes, ..."
6. The Union Indian Brigade in the Civil War by Wiley Britton (1922)
"... non-commissioned officers, sergeants and corporals, were colored men promoted from the ranks, after showing intelligence and interest in the service. ..."