Definition of Showy goldenrod
1. Noun. A variety of goldenrod.
Showy Goldenrod Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Showy Goldenrod Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Showy Goldenrod
Literary usage of Showy goldenrod
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Class-book of Botany by Alphonso Wood (1851)
"S. STRICTA. Ait. Upright Goldenrod. •12. S. SPECIOSA. Nutt. showy goldenrod. St. smooth, simple ; Ivs. lanceolate, entire and scabrous on the margin, thick, ..."
2. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"G Solidago speciosa Nutt. var. speciosa showy goldenrod Herbaceous perennial Moist meadows, rocky woods, thickets and rocky roadside banks. ..."
3. Flora of Pennsylvania by Thomas Conrad Porter (1903)
"showy goldenrod. (Man. p. 937 ; IF /. 3685. ) In rich soil, NS to NC, west to Minn., Kaus. and Ark. —Pennsylvania ;• NORTHAMPTON ; DELAWARE, ..."
4. Floral Succession in the Prairie-grass Formation of Southeastern South Dakota by Le Roy Harris Harvey (1908)
"... occurring gregariously at times with several stalks (5 to 15) arising from the same perennial root, it is rightly named the "showy" goldenrod. ..."