Definition of Simple fraction
1. Noun. The quotient of two integers.
Generic synonyms: Fraction
Specialized synonyms: Half, One-half, One-third, Third, Tierce, Two-thirds, Fourth, Fourth Part, One-fourth, One-quarter, Quarter, Quartern, Twenty-five Percent, Three-fourths, Three-quarters, Fifth, Fifth Part, One-fifth, Twenty Percent, One-sixth, Sixth, One-seventh, Seventh, Eighth, One-eighth, Ninth, One-ninth, One-tenth, Ten Percent, Tenth, Tenth Part, Duodecimal, One-twelfth, Twelfth, Twelfth Part, One-sixteenth, Sixteenth, Sixteenth Part, One-thirty-second, Thirty-second, Thirty-second Part, One-sixtieth, Sixtieth, One-sixty-fourth, Sixty-fourth, Hundredth, One Percent, One-hundredth, One-thousandth, Thousandth, One-ten-thousandth, Ten-thousandth, One-hundred-thousandth, Millionth, One-millionth, One-hundred-millionth, Billionth, One-billionth, One-trillionth, Trillionth, One-quadrillionth, Quadrillionth, One-quintillionth, Quintillionth
Simple Fraction Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Simple Fraction Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Simple Fraction
Literary usage of Simple fraction
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Arithmetic: In which the Principles of Operating by Numbers are Analytically by Daniel Adams (1848)
"What simple fraction is equal to ^ ? Ans. 10. What simple fraction is equal to y^ ? '5 • a. 11. What simple fraction is equal to ~ - 0. ..."
2. The North American Arithmetic: Part Second, Uniting Oral and Written by Frederick Emerson (1841)
"Reduce f of ^ to a simple fraction. 2. } of a water melon was divided equally among 6 boys. What fraction of the melon did 1 boy receive? 4. ..."
3. The North American Arithmetic by Frederick Emerson (1833)
"Reduce f of \ to a simple fraction. 4. £ of an acre of land was divided into 4 equal ... Reduce | of f- to a simple fraction. 8. 1 penny is what part of Is. ..."
4. Practical Arithmetic: Uniting the Inductive with the Synthetic Mode of by James Bates Thomson (1864)
"Reduce ^'of i| of 6J of 17 to a simple fraction. j'n 60. Reduce ^J of |J of 29J of 75 to a ... Reduce }f of i| of f | of |J of 84J to a simple fraction. 62. ..."
5. Practical Arithmetic: Uniting the Inductive with the Synthetic Mode of by James Bates Thomson (1868)
"Reduce f of f of f ° to a simple fraction. 63. Reduce 4 of £ of T\ of f to a simple fraction. 54. Reduce f of $ of $ of T7j to a simple fraction. 65. ..."
6. Practical Arithmetic: Uniting the Inductive with the Synthetic Mode of by James Bates Thomson (1858)
"Reduce § of || of if to a simple fraction. Suggestion.—The factors 4 and 3 in 2 the numerators taken together, are 4 .Í0 „3 2 equal to the 12 in the ..."