Definition of Single-rotor helicopter
1. Noun. A helicopter having a single rotor.
Single-rotor Helicopter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Single-rotor Helicopter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Single-rotor Helicopter
Literary usage of Single-rotor helicopter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by Helicopter Association of Great Britain (1894)
"The lateral motion (if we neglect the coupling between these two motions) does not differ in principle from that of a single rotor helicopter. ..."
2. Marines & Helicopters, 1962-1973 by William R. Fails (1995)
"Kaman described his solution to a meeting of the American Helicopter Society in 1953: In fact, the single rotor helicopter such as the Sikorsky design ..."
3. Basic Helicopter Handbook by Diane Publishing Company (1995)
"In a single rotor helicopter where the rotor turns counterclockwise, the fuselage tends to rotate clockwise (looking down on the helicopter). translational ..."
4. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"Iroquois—(DOD) A light single-rotor helicopter utilized for cargo/ personnel transport and attack helicopter support. Some versions are armed with machine ..."
5. Air Power and the Fight for Khe Sanh by Bernard C. Nalty (1986)
"UH-1 This single-turbine, single- rotor helicopter, built by Bell, was used as a gunship by the Marines at Khe Sanh. USA US Army USAF US Air Force USARV US ..."