Definition of Slave owner
1. Noun. Someone who holds slaves.
Slave Owner Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Slave Owner Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Slave Owner
Literary usage of Slave owner
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Slave Systems of Greek and Roman Antiquity by William Linn Westermann (1955)
"In cases of murder of a slave-owner torture of the household slaves 10° was ... The slave-owner was liable only in the name of the slave 105 except when the ..."
2. Autographs for Freedom by Rochester Ladies' Anti-slavery Society (1853)
"I WOULD rather be anything than a slave, — except a slave-owner!" said a wise and good man. The slave-owner inflicts wrongs, — the slave but suffers it. ..."
3. The Life and Theatrical Times of Charles Kean, F.S.A. by Fanny Kemble, Kate Field, John William Cole (1882)
"A most notoriously atrocious, dissolute, hellish slave-owner died, and one of his slaves —an old woman—said to a lady, " Massa prayed God so to forgive him ..."
4. Arguments and Speeches of William Maxwell Evarts by William Maxwell Evarts (1919)
"It has no code of the slave-owner's rights or of the slave's submission, no processes for the enforcement of either, no rules of evidence or adjudication in ..."