Definition of Spanish rice
1. Noun. Spicy rice with tomatoes and onions and green peppers.
Spanish Rice Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Spanish Rice Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Spanish Rice
Literary usage of Spanish rice
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Mendelssohn Club Cook Book by Mendelssohn Club (Rockford, Ill.) (1909)
"—LDW spanish rice—Tribune Prize Recipe. Put 2 tablespoons of butter in frying pan; when hot, add 1 cup dry rice; fry until brown, stirring continually; ..."
2. Fifty-two Sunday Dinners: A Book of Recipes, Arranged on a Unique Plan by Elizabeth O. Hiller (1915)
"Remove meat to hot serving platter, surround with spanish rice and prepare a ... spanish rice Cover one cup of rice with cold water; heat to boiling point ..."
3. How to Cook Vegetables by Olive Green (1909)
"spanish rice—I Chop fine a quarter of a pound of fat salt pork and fry with two seeded and ... spanish rice—II Mix chopped pimentos with plain boiled rice ..."
4. Slade's Cooking School Recipes by D. & L. Slade Co (1920)
"spanish rice.— 1 cup rice "4 green pepper, seeded 4 quarts boiling water V4 red ... Tomato Sauce for spanish rice.— 2 tablespoons butter % cup stock 2 ..."
5. Step by Step: Eating to Lower Your High Blood Cholesterol by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"... vegetable oil 1/2 ounce low fat cheddar cheese 1 tablespoon guacamole 1 tablespoon salsa 1/2 cup corn 1/2 teaspoon tub margarine 1/2 cup spanish rice, ..."