Definition of Specifies
1. Verb. (third-person singular of specify) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Specifies
1. specify [v] - See also: specify
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Specifies Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Specifies
Literary usage of Specifies
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Base SAS(R) 9.1.3 Procedures Guide, Second Edition, Volumes 1-4 by Sas Institute (2006)
"... key cell only specifies annotate data set specifies color for axis specifies color for frame specifies color for filling frame for row labels specifies ..."
2. Structural Engineers' Handbook: Data for the Design and Construction of by Milo Smith Ketchum (1918)
"The Montana Highway Commission specifies 25 per cent impact. The Utah Highway Commission specifies 25 per cent impact for floors, and 15 per cent for ..."
3. The Design of Highway Bridges of Steel, Timber and Concrete by Milo Smith Ketchum (1920)
"The US Bureau of Public Roads specifies 30 per cent impact. ... The Utah Highway Commission specifies 25 per cent impact for floors, and 15 per cent for ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1909)
"... specifies as the particular reasons why no cause of action is set forth that there is no averment that the defendant acted maliciously and without ..."
5. Quarterly Review by William Gifford, John Taylor Coleridge, John Gibson Lockhart, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, William Smith, John Murray, George Walter Prothero, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle (1836)
"official persons were with whom he communicated during the four days he passed in London previously to embarking, and particularly specifies what passed ..."
6. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"... it likewise specifies the culprits, i. e those who perpetrate such assaults and those who are responsible for them, as also their active accomplices. ..."
7. SAS(R) 9.1.3 Language Reference:: Dictionary, Fifth Edition, Volumes 1-4 by SAS Institute (2006)
"THREADS specifies that SAS use threaded processing if it is available. TOOLSMENU specifies whether to include or to suppress the Tools menu in windows that ..."
8. Political Essay on the Kingdom of New Spain by Alexander von Humboldt, John Black (1814)
"The following table specifies the proportion between the gold and silver drawn from the mines of the New Continent from their discovery, ..."