Definition of Spodoptera frugiperda
1. Noun. Larva of a migratory American noctuid moth; destroys grasses and small grains.
2. Noun. Moth whose larvae are fall armyworms.
Group relationships: Genus Spodoptera, Spodoptera
Spodoptera Frugiperda Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Spodoptera Frugiperda Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Spodoptera Frugiperda
Literary usage of Spodoptera frugiperda
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gene Expression in Field Crops: Bibliography January 1991-November 1992 edited by Janet Saunders, Robert D. Warmbrodt (1995)
"Infection of spodoptera frugiperda cells with the vector resulted in the synthesis of low levels of MP, which was detected by anti-MP serum as two closely ..."
2. IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and Biological Control of Plant Pests by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"1666- 1670; 1992 Oct. Includes references. Language: English Descriptors: Mexico; Texas; Helicoverpa zea; spodoptera frugiperda; Biological control; ..."
3. IPM and Biological Control of Plant Pests: Field Crops: Bibliography January by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"E532 spodoptera frugiperda (Lépidoptère: Noctuidae) development and damage potential as affected by inherited sterility and host plant resistance. ..."