Definition of Sporting life
1. Noun. Active interest in gambling on sports events.
Sporting Life Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sporting Life Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sporting Life
Literary usage of Sporting life
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Story of Mexico: A Land of Conquest and Revolution Giving a by Charles Morris (1914)
"... CHAPTER VI sporting life IN MEXICO AL parts of the Mexican country present attractions to the hunter, and in tune the sportsmen of the world will find a ..."
2. Sweden: A Short Handbook on Sweden's History, Industries, Social Systems by Turisttrafikförbundet (1906)
"sporting life IN SWEDEN. BY VG BALCK. Sport occupies at present a prominent place in Swedish life and, together with the world-renowned Swedish gymnastics, ..."
3. English Newspapers: Chapters in the History of Journalism by Henry Richard Fox Bourne (1887)
"Appearing on "Wednesdays and Saturdays as ' The sporting life,' the new publication throve so well that in April 1881 it began to be issued four days a week ..."
4. A Londoner's Log-book, 1901-1902 by George William Erskine Russell (1903)
"He is much more interested in the sporting life, and I believe you know he is, only, for some extraordinary reason, you always think it necessary to stand ..."