Definition of State attorney
1. Noun. A prosecuting attorney for a state.
Generic synonyms: Prosecuting Attorney, Prosecuting Officer, Prosecutor, Public Prosecutor
Lexicographical Neighbors of State Attorney
Literary usage of State attorney
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Year Book by Simon Newton Dexter North, Francis Graham Wickware, Albert Bushnell Hart (1911)
"WESTERN STATES Montana—Elective state officers include: the governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of state, attorney general, state treasurer, ..."
2. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1886)
"... if the returns shall have been received from the several counties, the Secretary of State, Attorney-General, and Controller, or any two of them, ..."
3. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1909)
"... the consent of the attorney general or state's attorney." But the mere fact that private citizens may be interested in quo warranto proceedings, ..."
4. Constitution of the State of Illinois: Annotated, Comp. and Pub. by the ...by Illinois by Illinois (1919)
"In the opinion of the Attorney General a state's attorney cannot hold the office of member of Congress, and neither a postmaster receiving a salary of more ..."