Definition of Streeks
1. streek [v] - See also: streek
Lexicographical Neighbors of Streeks
Literary usage of Streeks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Natural History of the Mineral Kingdom: Relative to the Strata of Coal by John Williams, James Millar (1810)
"The streek or dilated veins are found both hard and soft: Some of the hard streeks contain a good body of solid ore, others produce ore mixed with spar or ..."
2. The Anatomy of Melancholy: What it Is, with All the Kinds, Causes, Symptomes by Robert Burton (1800)
"... side of the face likely bigger then the other, or crooked nose, bad eics, prominent veines, concavities about the eys, wrinkles, pimples, redde streeks, ..."
3. Waverley, Or, 'Tis Sixty Years Since by Walter Scott, Andrew Lang (1892)
"Vengeance on the black face o't! mony an honester woman 's been set upon it than streeks doon beside ony Whig in the country. ..."
4. The Principles of the Law of Evidence: With Elementary Rules for Conducting by William Mawdesley Best, John Archibald Russell, Appleton Morgan (1882)
"... but by the records, or by other proof on the trial. Garrott v. Johnson, n G. & M. 182- Whitehurst v. Rogers, 38 Md. 503; streeks v. ..."