¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sulfite
1. a chemical salt [n -S] : SULFITIC [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sulfite Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sulfite
Literary usage of Sulfite
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chemical Abstracts by American Chemical Society (1916)
"Electrical insulation from sulfite liquor. WK FREEMAN. ... Waste sulfite liquor after concn. and treatment with NaCl and Bau dried with the ppt. still mixed ..."
2. Technology of Cellulose Esters: A Theoretical and Practical Treatise on the by Edward Chauncey Worden (1921)
"The other varieties of pine are practically useless for sulfite pulps, but give excellent or good sulfate pulps; white pine (P. strobus) and yellow pine (P. ..."
3. Technical Methods of Analysis as Employed in the Laboratories of Arthur D by Roger Castle Griffin, Arthur D. Little, Inc (1921)
"sulfite Acid " or " Bisulfite Liquor " is the liquid used for cooking wood to make pulp by the well-known sulfite process. It consists of an aqueous ..."
4. A Textbook of Chemistry by William Albert Noyes (1918)
"Sodium sulfite, Na2SO3.H2O, is prepared by burning sulfur and passing the sulfur ... Acid Sodium sulfite, or Sodium Bisulfite, Nul IS< > ,. is prepared by ..."
5. Experimental Organic Chemistry by Augustus Price West (1920)
"Benzaldehyde reacts with sodium hydrogen sulfite, forming a crystalline addition product, ... A. Sodium hydrogen sulfite addition product of benzaldehyde ..."