2. Noun. A wine made from these grapes ¹
3. Noun. A dark-skinned variety of grape, used to produce powerful red wines. ¹
4. Noun. A wine produced from this variety of grape. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Syrah
1. a red wine grape [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Syrah Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Syrah
Literary usage of Syrah
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Waiter, There's a Horse in My Wine: A Treasury of Entertainment, Exploration by Jennifer "Chotzi" Rosen (2005)
"... The Wild Ones syrah & Grenache: don't let them date your daughter You, who have been ordering "a glass of Merlot" for the last few years, let it be your ..."
2. Foundations of American Grape Culture by Thomas Volney Munson (1909)
"Vine of good vigor, much resembles Herbemont; healthy and a good bearer; cluster medium, compact, much resembling the Petit syrah, but is larger, ..."
3. Publications by Parish Register Society, London, London Parish Register Society, Florida State Historical Society, Deland, Deland Florida State Historical Society, Reparations Commission, North Carolina Historical Commission, Yorkshire Philosophical Society, Yorkshire (1904)
"syrah the daughter of Rees Thomas and syrah his wife was wife was baptized ye 21 day of April 1694- Thomas the son of John Price of Cappell y finne and ..."
4. The United States: A Graphic History by Louis Morton Hacker, Rudolf Modley, George Rogers Taylor (1891)
"Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet franc. Teinturier male. Meunier. Shrine. Petite syrah. Mondeuse. Bastardo. Cinsaut. ..."