Definition of Tank ship
1. Noun. A cargo ship designed to carry crude oil in bulk.
Generic synonyms: Cargo Ship, Cargo Vessel
Specialized synonyms: Supertanker
Derivative terms: Oil
Tank Ship Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tank Ship Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tank Ship
Literary usage of Tank ship
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Women at Thirtysomething: Paradoxes of Attainment (1991)
"The inert gas system on the tank ship TORM THYRA was not operating. ... The tank ship STOLT EAGLE, carrying naphtha, had damaged flame screens on eight ..."
2. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1914)
"Dimensions of ship and characteristic features of the engines used. Ills. 3000 w. Genie Civil — April 12, 1913. No. 41529 D. The tank ship "Hagen," Built at ..."
3. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1914)
"Plans and general description of vessel and Diesel engines. Ills. 2700 w. Zeit des Ver deutscher Ing—April б, 1913. No. 41468 D. The Motor tank ship ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1915)
"The Diesel Oil Tank-ship "Hagen." March 21, 1913. Engineering. ... Internal-Combustion Engines for Ocean-going Ships (tank-ship .—Das Motor-tank-schiff ..."