Definition of Target company
1. Noun. A company that has been chosen as attractive for takeover by a potential acquirer.
Target Company Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Target Company Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Target Company
Literary usage of Target company
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. China: Open Policies Towards Mergers and Acquisitions 2006 by Publi Oecd Published by Oecd Publishing (2006)
"Activities conducted are beyond the target company's permissible business scope. • The target company does not have legal title to some assets recorded in ..."
2. The Integration of Acquired Companies Into the Defence Industry: Experiences by Karin Backlund, Madelene Sandstrom (1998)
"Not only the company but even the region and the country in which the target company is located can thereby lose skills that are important to the field. ..."
3. Financial Markets for the Rest of Us: An Easy Guide to Money, Bonds, Futures by Robert Vahid Hashemian (2001)
"During a hostile takeover attempt, the acquiring company buys enough shares in the target company to become a majority shareholder. ..."
4. OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2002by OECD Staff, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, OCDE, Development. by OECD Staff, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, OCDE, Development. (2002)
"The waiting period gives shareholders of the target company time to evaluate the tender offer and enables the management to seek competing bids. ..."
5. China: Progress and Reform Challenges by (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope (2003)
"In other countries, many acquisitions take the form of hostile takeovers, in which the managers of the target company are generally against any change in ..."
6. Case Studies of Selected Leveraged Buyouts (1991)
"... Inc. Allied: The target company On January 15,1990, Allied Stores Corporation and Federated Department Stores, Inc., and certain of their subsidiaries ..."
7. Manufacturing Technology Directorate: Project Book Update, 1996-97 by DIANE Publishing Company (1998)
"Initial case write-up for third target company is complete. ... "Train the trainer" sessions have been held at one target company. ..."
8. Hostile Corporate Takeover: How, What, Where, When and Why (1991)
"Target's Percentage Controlled Offer: 33.5 percent. by insiders at Time of Tender target company Aware of Bidder Interest Prior to Tender Offer: Yes, ..."