¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tonsillar
Medical Definition of Tonsillar
1. Relating to a tonsil, especially the palatine tonsil. Synonym: amygdaline. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tonsillar Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tonsillar
Literary usage of Tonsillar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text-book of Diseases of the Nose and Throat by David Braden Kyle (1907)
"141, without necessitating the removal of the tonsillar tissue. SUBMERGED OR IMBEDDED TONSIL. Frequently the tonsil is imbedded high up in the vault between ..."
2. Medical Record by George Frederick Shrady, Thomas Lathrop Stedman, Joseph Meredith Toner Collection (Library of Congress) (1902)
"The tonsillar structure, at this point, is much looser and more open than elsewhere. The crypts, three or more in number, are wide and •deep, and sometimes ..."
3. The Medical Clinics of North America by Michael C. Fiore, Stephen S. Entman, Charles B. Rush (1921)
"Possible Erroneous Interpretations of the tonsillar Chancre and the Cervical Satellite Bubo. The Control of Exfoliative Dermatitis Following Administration ..."
4. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1876)
"The Sequelae and Prophylaxis of Simple tonsillar Hypertrophy in Children.—Dr. Beverley Robinson remarks that chronic enlargement of the tonsils is so common ..."