Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Topcross Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Topcross
topcross (current term)
Literary usage of Topcross
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hybrid Rice: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Hybrid Rice : 6 by International Rice Research Institute (1989)
"Seed-setting percentage Fertility in F2 and topcross and backcross F[. We investigated fertility segregation of 18 japonica varieties with ..."
2. Rainfed Lowland Rice Improvement by David J. Mackill, William Ronnie Coffman, Dennis P. Garrity (1996)
"If both parents of the single cross combine well but lack one or more important traits, use a topcross. • If both parents of the single cross combine well ..."
3. Two-line Hybrid Rice Breeding Manual by Sant S. Virmani (2003)
"... the rice plant that extends from the appearance of the first tiller until the maximum number is reached. topcross - a cross between a selection, line, ..."
4. Biotechnology in International Agricultural Research: Proceedings of the by International Rice Research Institute (1985)
"The topcross progeny of doubled-haploid lines can yield as high as the best selected inbreds. Because the anther-derived lines lodged severely, ..."
5. Rice Genetics: Proceedings of the International Rice Workshop at Lusaka by International Rice Research Institute (1986)
"It was observed that the three topcross combinations mentioned above had a certain number of progeny that had high seed set percentage, and their seed set ..."