Definition of Topdressings
1. topdressing [n] - See also: topdressing
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Topdressings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Topdressings
topdressings (current term)
Literary usage of Topdressings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Improving Planting Stock Quality: The Humboldt Experience by James L. Jenkinson (1995)
"The greater field growth of NPS seedlings show that May topdressings can ... The field tests demonstrated that nursery topdressings at rates of 200 Ib N per ..."
2. British Farmer's Magazine (1868)
"Ï. Foot- Hot in Sheep. 3 Shirreffs Bearded White Wheat. 4. I'm,- ing Forest Trees. 5, Different Descriptions of Food for Stort.. G. Différent topdressings ..."
3. Rice Research and Production in the 21st Century: Symposium Honoring Robert by Walter G. Rockwood, Robert Flint Chandler (2001)
"This information is crucial for estimating the N fertilizer requirement and the proper timing for N topdressings and prophylactic treatment against endemic ..."
4. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... by subsequently manuring with phosphatic manures, with farmyard or other bulky " topdressings," or by feeding sheep with cake and corn over the field. ..."
5. The Gentleman's Magazine (1802)
"For the most satisfactory set of experiments, to ascertain the comparative advantages of the following manures, used as topdressings on grass or corn land, ..."