2. Noun. (plural of trainer) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Trainers
1. trainer [n] - See also: trainer
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trainers
Literary usage of Trainers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Drug Abuse Prevention for At-Risk Groups by Karol L. Kumpfer (1997)
"Program trainers are responsible for conducting the skills training sessions of ... For this reason, it is recommended that a larger number of trainers than ..."
2. Football Days: Memories of the Game and of the Men Behind the Ball by William Hanford Edwards (1916)
"trainers have been associated with football since the early eighties, and a careful trainer's ... Players, coaches and trainers go hand in hand in football. ..."
3. Punch by Mark Lemon, Henry Mayhew, Tom Taylor, Shirley Brooks, Francis Cowley Burnand, Owen Seaman (1888)
"... the musters of the trainers and the jockeys ; now it too often happens that the trainers arc the masters of the owners, and the jockeys masters of both. ..."
4. Positions by Richard Mulcaster, Robert Hebert Quick (1888)
"OF TEACHERS AND trainers IN GENERALL, AND THAT THEY BE EITHER ... As concerning the trainers abilitie, whereby he is made sufficient to medle with exercises ..."
5. The English Turf: A Record of Horses and Courses by Charles Richardson (1901)
"I often wonder what one of the old Yorkshire trainers of the early part of the ... Marsh belongs to the most thorough class of professional trainers—men who ..."