Definition of Training school
1. Noun. A school providing practical vocational and technical training.
2. Noun. Correctional institution for the detention and discipline and training of young or first offenders.
Specialized synonyms: Borstal
Generic synonyms: Correctional Institution
Derivative terms: Reformatory
Lexicographical Neighbors of Training School
Literary usage of Training school
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by Royal Society of Arts (Great Britain) (1875)
"Full information can be obtained of the Secretary of the National training school for Cookery, Exhibition-road. MUSICAL SCHOLARSHIPS OF THE SOCIETY OF ARTS. ..."
2. Proceedings of the ... Annual Convention by Religious Education Association (1905)
"The Institute and training school is not a school for the training of Sunday school ... The purpose of the Association training school is the enlistment and ..."
3. Biennial Report by World Health Organization (1894)
"Such a report is now unnecessary, as a manual training school is now a feature ... The growth of the Chicago Manual training school in ten years (in fact in ..."
4. Annual Report by Cleveland (Ohio). Board of Education (1915)
"The report makes it evident that the Cleveland Normal training school is not confining itself solely to training its students through a prescribed two-year ..."
5. A History of the Boston City Hospital from Its Foundation Until 1904 by Isabel Adams (Hampton) Robb, Boston City Hospital, David Williams Cheever, George Washington Gay, Amos Lawrence Mason, John Bapst Blake (1906)
"HISTORICAL SKETCH OF THE BOSTON CITY HOSPITAL training school FOR NURSES. ... The early growth and development of the training school was slow, and attended ..."
6. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1892)
"The Greenwich Manual training school, opened in lSt<!l in connection with the public schools, ha,- lately had more than 100 pupils, about one thinl of ..."
7. Report. by Henry Phipps Institute (1907)
"The training school for Nurses was founded in 1904, a little more than a year ... Moreover, the average graduate of a regular training school knew very ..."