Definition of Trans-Alaska pipeline
1. Noun. An oil pipeline that runs 800 miles from wells at Prudhoe Bay to the port of Valdez.
Generic synonyms: Line, Pipeline
Group relationships: Ak, Alaska, Last Frontier
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trans-Alaska Pipeline
Literary usage of Trans-Alaska pipeline
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Permafrost: North American Contribution [to The] Second International by Building Research Advisory Board Staff, National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (1973)
"... Jr. US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY Menlo Park, California INTRODUCTION The proposed trans-Alaska pipeline is designed to transport approximately 318 000 m3 of hot ..."
2. Adventure Guide to the Alaska Highway by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2001)
"Chapter 12 North from Fairbanks The trans-Alaska pipeline, The Dalton, Steese, ... The trans-Alaska pipeline stretches from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez, ..."
3. Adventure Guide to the Alaska Highway by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"Chapter 12 North from Fairbanks I The trans-Alaska pipeline, The Dalton, ... The trans-Alaska pipeline stretches from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez, crossing 800 ..."
4. How to Trade With Korea: A Guide to Trade & Investment by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"The trans-Alaska pipeline Liability Fund (the TAP Fund) is available to pay damage claims resulting from spills of oil that has been transported through the ..."