Definition of Transfer of training
1. Noun. Application of a skill learned in one situation to a different but similar situation.
Generic synonyms: Acquisition, Learning
Specialized synonyms: Generalisation, Generalization, Stimulus Generalisation, Stimulus Generalization
Derivative terms: Carry Over
Transfer Of Training Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Transfer Of Training Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Transfer Of Training
Literary usage of Transfer of training
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Men of Science: A Biographical Directory by Jaques Cattell, Jaques Cattell Press (1921)
"Ass. Educational psychology; transfer of training and retroaction; methods of studying. Webb, Walter Loring, 31 Runnymede Ave, Lans- downe, Pa. ..."
2. The Learning Process by Stephen Sheldon Colvin (1921)
"CHAPTER XIV THE PROBLEM OF THE transfer of training. — EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE CONCERNING THE PROBLEM THE consideration of the topic of memory and the laws ..."
3. The Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament (1908)
"Transfer of Training Colleges (Scotland) Order Confirmation. 3. ... Transfer of Training Colleges (Scot- ^ laud) Order Confirmation Act, 1908. •2 -S 3. ..."
4. The Psychology of Subnormal Children by Leta Stetter Hollingworth (1920)
"Transfer of Training in Normal and Feeble- Minded Children. ... This principle is usually called the principle of transfer of training. ..."
5. Fundamentals of Education by Boyd Henry Bode (1921)
"CHAPTER VIII THE transfer of training1 THE question of the transfer of training is one of those problems which seem to take a new lease on life with each ..."
6. How to Teach by George Drayton Strayer, Naomi Norsworthy (1917)
"XII transfer of training FORMAL discipline or transfer of training concerns itself with the question as to how far training in one subject, along one line, ..."
7. How Children Learn by Frank Nugent Freeman (1917)
"CHAPTER XIH transfer of training, OR GENERAL TRAINING Can the child receive general training? The problem which is the subject of consideration in this ..."
8. A Textbook in the Principles of Science Teaching by George Ransom Twiss (1917)
"Conditions limiting the transfer of training. — The principles to which we have referred may be stated thus : (1) Training in one kind of activity may ..."