Definition of Trapnests
1. trapnest [v] - See also: trapnest
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trapnests
Literary usage of Trapnests
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Poultry Breeding and Management by James Dryden (1916)
"It had been noted that several of the highest record hens at the Station had roosted close to the door on a step up to the trapnests. ..."
2. The American Breeds of Poultry: Their Origin, History of Their Development by Frank L. Platt (1921)
"... it becomes necessary to employ trapnests, that the full parentage of each egg may be identified with certainty, and then band each chick. ..."
3. Poultry for Profit: A Practical Manual for Beginners, Farmers and Side-line by Jean W. Aldrich Koethen (1915)
"Feed boxes and water troughs are built along the front of each scratching shed, and the trapnests are in front of the roosting houses. ..."
4. Proceedings of the Meetings for the Years 1908, 1909, 1910 by Claude Ambrose Rogers (1912)
"Gowell, GM, Hens to One Pen; trapnests. Maine Report 1898. Graham, CK, Suggestions to Amateurs. Conn. (Storrs) Bui. No. 36. (1905). ..."
5. Legislative Document by New York (State). Legislature (1921)
"Definite plan of breeding for egg production with a minimum use of trapnests. (Reliable poultry journal.) Selecting roosters to increase production. ..."