Definition of Capital of Michigan
1. Noun. Capital of the state of Michigan; located in southern Michigan on the Grand River.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Great Lakes State, Mi, Michigan, Wolverine State
Capital Of Michigan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Michigan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Michigan
Literary usage of Capital of Michigan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1896)
"What is the capital of Michigan? On what river is it? What two other cities sri on Grand River? What city is on Detroit River? ..."
2. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1880)
"What is the capital of Michigan ? On what river is it ? What two other cities are on Grand River? What city is on Detroit River? ..."
3. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1863)
"Me. What is the capital of Illinois ? Sd. What city in Illinois on Lake Michigan ? Co What is the capital of Michigan ? ..."
4. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"... it River flows into Lake Michigan? it is the capital of Michigan? it City in the south-eastern part of this State? it City in the western part? ..."
5. Colton & Fitch's Primer of Geography: Illus. by 16 Maps, and Numerous Engravings by George Woolworth Colton, George Wilham Fitch (1866)
"Q. What is the capital of Michigan ? A. Lansing, on the Grand Kiver. Q. Which is the chief town ? A. Detroit', on the Detroit' Eiver. LESSON XLVIII. ..."