Definition of Capital of New Hampshire
1. Noun. Capital of the state of New Hampshire; located in south central New Hampshire on the Merrimack river.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Granite State, New Hampshire, Nh
Capital Of New Hampshire Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of New Hampshire Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of New Hampshire
Literary usage of Capital of New Hampshire
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. America, Historical, Statistic, and Descriptive by James Silk Buckingham (1841)
"Concord, the Capital of New-Hampshire.—Excessive use of Tobacco.—Danville to Littleton.—Road through the Forest.—Autumnal Foliage.—White Mountain House. ..."
2. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1896)
"What is the capital of New Hampshire? What city is southeast of Concord? On what river is it? What is the capital of Vermont? What town southwest? ..."
3. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1880)
"What is the capital of New Hampshire ? What city is southeast of Concord ? On what river is it ? What is the capital of Vermont ? What city in Vermont is on ..."
4. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1857)
"Pd. What town, on the Merrimac River, is the capital of New Hampshire ? Cd. What town south of Concord, noted for its manufactures ? ..."
5. Colton's New Introductory Geography by George Woolworth Colton (1880)
"The capital of New Hampshire ? C—d, on the M—c River. The capital of Vermont ? M—r, on the W—i River. The capital of Massachusetts ? B—n, on B—n Bay. ..."
6. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"What Lakes in New Hampshire? What Lake between New Hampshire and Maine? What is the capital of New Hampshire? Which is the largest City in New Hampshire? ..."
7. The Eclectic Elementary Geography (1883)
"What is the capital of New Hampshire ?—On what river is it situated ?—What two cities south of Concord ?—What is the capital of Vermont ? ..."
8. Elementary Geography (1880)
"What is the capital of New Hampshire ? Describe the situation of Concord. What is the capital of Vermont ? ..."