Definition of Car horn
1. Noun. A device on an automobile for making a warning noise.
Generic synonyms: Alarm, Alarm System, Warning Device
Group relationships: Auto, Automobile, Car, Machine, Motorcar
Terms within: Horn Button
Derivative terms: Hoot
Car Horn Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Car Horn Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Car Horn
Literary usage of Car horn
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Essay Towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk by Francis Blomefield, Charles Parkin (1810)
"... car. in d'nio. et iii car. horn, viii ac. car. t're. TKE sep. ii vill. x bor. et car. t're. et d. sep. viii vill. xxx bor. ii xviii. In eadem tenet sep. ..."
2. Snakebite by William Torphy, Paul Gowack, Paul Gowack, William Torphy (2005)
"The car horn's blast was signaling for them to return. “We should get back. ... The car horn honked again. This time—several blasts in a row. “That way! ..."
3. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1904)
"... as conductor, was carrying the trolley pole around e opposite or east end of said car, Horn, ..."
4. Domesday Studies: Being the Papers Read at the Meeting of the Domesday by Patrick Edward Dove (1888)
"... car. et m hid. et una virg. in dominio mi car. horn. IX vill. quisque x acr. et mi alii vill. dc una virgata. ..."