Definition of Conditional contract
1. Noun. A contract whose performance depends on a fact or event that affects legal relations.
Conditional Contract Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conditional Contract Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conditional Contract
Literary usage of Conditional contract
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of the Law of Insurance by William Reynolds Vance (1904)
"... AND conditional contract. surance cannot be recovered by them upon disaffirmance of the contract, such contract being regarded as executed to the extent ..."
2. Company Precedents, for Use in Relation to Companies Subject to the by Sir Francis Beaufort Palmer (1881)
"Let the conditional contract ... 1877, and 9 Mar., 1878, made in the action, the affidavit, &c., order that the conditional contract dated 25 July, 1878, ..."
3. Law of Contract by William Theophilus Brantly (1912)
"Requisites of a conditional contract. In order to create a true conditional contract, these five elements must exist : 1. The event to which the contract is ..."
4. Reports of Cases Decided in the High Court of Chancery: In 1852 [-1859 by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Richard Torin Kindersley, John Jackson Smale (1860)
"... of the conditional contract, 1858. but an independent deed, and if so, it must be supported by the deed of settlement, exclusive of the 114th clause, ..."
5. A History of Illinois, from Its Commencement as a State in 1818 to 1847 by Thomas Ford, James Shields (1854)
"... resolutions and speeches on this subject—Shawneetown Bank—conditional contract with that institution—Dr. Anderson—The true art of riding hobbies. ..."
6. The Law Summary: A Collection of Legal Tracts on Subjects of General by Benjamin Lynde Oliver (1833)
"A promise to pay a certain sum of money to a person as soon as he has performed a certain act, is a conditional contract, because he may never perform it, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Conditional contract