Definition of Food product
1. Noun. A substance that can be used or prepared for use as food.
Generic synonyms: Food, Nutrient
Specialized synonyms: Starches, Breadstuff, Coloring, Colouring, Food Color, Food Coloring, Food Colour, Food Colouring, Concentrate, Meal, Fiber, Roughage, Flour, Frozen Food, Frozen Foods, Canned Food, Canned Foods, Canned Goods, Tinned Goods, Dehydrated Food, Dehydrated Foods, Carob, Carob Powder, Saint-john's-bread, Tapioca, Cocoa, Cereal, Food Grain, Grain, Fixings, Ingredient, Egg, Eggs, Dairy Product, Milk, Curd, Concoction, Intermixture, Mixture, Juice, Perishable, Spoilable
Food Product Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Food Product Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Food Product
Literary usage of Food product
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1922)
"It will thus be seen *that I have produced an ideal food product, which is high in olein, ... food product, consisting of an incompletely ..."
2. Food Analysis: Typical Methods and the Interpretation of Results by Alpheus Grant Woodman (1915)
"Readily extracted: 240, 435, 439, 440. 2. Not readily extracted: 462. Systematic Examination of a food product for Color. — In the examination of a product ..."
3. Foods and Their Adulteration: Origin, Manufacture, and Composition of Food by Harvey Washington Wiley (1907)
"If any essential or important ingredient of a food product be abstracted, ... A food product which is misbranded in respect to the locality or country ..."
4. Transactions of the Annual Meeting by Ohio State Medical Society (1894)
"Brawn and brain work most harmoniously and efficiently when food product is ... Exchange the food product of these two countries for five generations ..."
5. Popular Science Monthly (1901)
"The annual change in temperature is comparatively regular and certain, so that the factor which, by its changes, most powerfully influences the food-product ..."
6. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"A retailer or one acting as the mere distributor to the retail trade of a food product contained in unbroken packages as put np by and procured from a ..."