Definition of Genus Zapus
1. Noun. Type genus of the Zapodidae.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Family Zapodidae, Zapodidae
Member holonyms: Meadow Jumping Mouse, Zapus Hudsonius
Genus Zapus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Zapus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Zapus
Literary usage of Genus Zapus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1900)
"... ten species and seven subspecies — in the restricted subgenus Zapus, which collectively cover the whole of the North American range of the genus Zapus, ..."
2. American Animals: A Popular Guide to the Mammals of North America North of by Witmer Stone, William Everett Cram (1902)
"... Mice of the genus Zapus. N. Л Fauna (U S. Dept. Agriculture) No. i?, pp. r-*9. 1897. MILDER, GS, JR.—Synopsis of the Voles of the Genus ..."
3. A Geographical History of Mammals by Richard Lydekker (1896)
"... the jumping-mice of the genus Zapus, of which several species are recognised by North American zoologists, ..."
4. Ethnozoology of the Tewa Indians by Junius Henderson, John Peabody Harrington (1914)
"PREBLE, EDWARD A. Revision of the jumping mice of the genus Zapus. North American Fauna, no. 15, Biol. Surr., US Dept. Agr., 1899. RUSSELL, FRANK. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Genus Zapus