Definition of Green lead ore
1. Noun. A mineral consisting of lead chloride and phosphate; a minor source of lead.
Green Lead Ore Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Green Lead Ore Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Green Lead Ore
Literary usage of Green lead ore
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the External Characters of Fossils by Abraham Gottlob Werner (1805)
"Massive. , Green-Lead- Ore. Most usual colour olive-green, partly light, partly dark; passing on the one hand, through grass, emerald, leek, pistachio, ..."
2. The London Encyclopaedia, Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art by Thomas Tegg (1829)
"Green lead-ore, glance, 240. lied lead-ore, a. Common, b. Disintegrated, 235. Blue lead-ore, c. Compact, 236. Brown lead-ore, 237. Black lead-ore, 238. ..."
3. The Earth, Plants, and Man: Popular Pictures of Nature by Joakim Frederik Schouw, Franz von Kobell, Arthur Henfrey (1852)
"The green lead-ore, in particular, containing phosphoric acid, and the red lead-ore, containing chromic acid, are beautiful minerals, and while the former ..."
4. The Official Directory of the World's Columbian Exposition, May 1st to by Moses Purnell Handy (1893)
"Crawford, Jefferson, Hazel Green. Lead ore. 291 15. Davidson, John, Benton. Lead ore. 16. Dayton & Murphy. Stevens' Point. 291 a .Cabinet of minerals, etc. ..."