Definition of Phaseolus limensis
1. Noun. Bush or tall-growing bean plant having large flat edible seeds.
Terms within: Lima Bean
Group relationships: Genus Phaseolus, Phaseolus
Generic synonyms: Shell Bean, Shell Bean Plant
Phaseolus Limensis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phaseolus Limensis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phaseolus Limensis
Literary usage of Phaseolus limensis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gardening for the South: Or, The Kitchen and Fruit Garden: with the Best by William N. White (1857)
"Of the phaseolus limensis, there are the green and white Lima and Carolina Sewee. They are natives of South America. The white Lima is not quite so large as ..."
2. Through Western Madagascar in Quest of the Golden Bean by Walter D. Marcuse (1914)
"CHAPTER VII THE BUTTER-BEAN THE home of the Lima bean (phaseolus limensis) is in the valleys that run down to the Pacific coast in the vicinity of Luna, ..."
3. The Gardener's Text-book: Containing Practical Directions Upon the Formation by Peter Adam Schenck (1851)
"Of the phaseolus limensis there are two varieties which have a high and well deserved reputation for the table, viz: the Green and White Limas. ..."
4. The Dictionary of Trade Products, Manufacturing, and Technical Terms: With a by Peter Lund Simmonds (1858)
"LIMA-BEAS, the phaseolus limensis, an esteemed kind of pulse cultivated in the tropics j the perennial kidney-bean, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Phaseolus limensis