Definition of Skin cell
1. Noun. Any of the cells making up the skin.
Specialized synonyms: Epidermal Cell, Prickle Cell
Generic synonyms: Somatic Cell, Vegetative Cell
Skin Cell Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Skin Cell Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Skin Cell
Literary usage of Skin cell
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical lexicon by Robley Dunglison (1860)
"A macula, or spot on the skin. CELL, Cella. A small cavity. The same signification as cellule. Also, a vesicle composed of a membranous cell-wall, with, ..."
2. Inside the Cell by Maya Pines (1990)
"Colchicine, an extract of meadow saffron used The microfilament bundles in this skin cell have been stained with modified antibodies that glow under ..."
3. The Laws of Heredity by George Archdall O'Brien Reid (1910)
"According to this hypothesis, a skin-cell assumes the appearance and qualities of its kind, not because its germ-plasm (' idio-plasm ') differs from that of ..."
4. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science : Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1848)
"A macula (qv) or spot on the skin. CELL, Cella. A small cavity. The same signification as Cellule (qv) CELL, APOPLECTIC, see Apoplectic cell—e. ..."
5. Companion Book of Complete Membership in the Ralston Health Club by Ralston Health Club, Edmund Shaftesbury (1895)
"... while Figure 297 shows the shape of a skin-cell, when it reaches the surface, to be quite flat. The cells come to the surface little by little, and, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Skin cell