Definition of Bhadon
1. Noun. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bhadon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bhadon
Literary usage of Bhadon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Prem Sagur by Lallu Lal, W. Hollings (1863)
"hear me, whoever, having heard this history, shall see the moon when four days old in the month of Bhadon^ shall escape unblemished. / CHAPTER LVIII. ..."
2. Essays on Indian Antiquities, Historic, Numismatic, and Palæographic, of the by James Prinsep, Henry Thoby Prinsep (1858)
"(or the new moon of the month Chaitra), to the llth March, we find the 16th Bhadon (Bhadra) falls on the 7th August. But the year 1861, Samvat, ..."
3. Essays on Indian Antiquities: Historic, Numismatic, and Palæographic by James Prinsep, Edward Thomas (1858)
"(or the new moon of the month Chaitra), to the 11 th March, we find the 16th Bhadon (Bhadra) falls on the 7th August. But the year 1861, Samvat, ..."
4. Final Report on the Settlement of Land Revenue in the Delhi District by Oswald Wood, R. Maconachie (1882)
"Dry and moist (soil) all becomes green. If it rains in Bhadon. Then both /laments will be (good). while heat for Jeth and rain for ..."
5. Behar Proverbs, Classified and Arranged According to Their Subject-matter by John Christian (1891)
"The effect of east wind in Soon and west wind in Bhadon. ... and a strong west one in Bhadon. 471. When to cease planting paddy. ..."
6. A Handbook for Travellers in India, Burma, and Ceylon: Including the by John Murray (Firm) (1903)
"Gauri Vahan, held on the 7th of Bhadon, in honour of Shiva's wife, called Gauri or the Fair. Cakes in the shape of pebbles are eaten by women. ..."
7. The Araish-i-mahfil, Or, The Ornament of the Assembly by Sher ʻAli Jaʻfarī Afsos, Major Henry Court (1871)
"The third is Bhadon, in which there is a good deal of flashing and shining of lightning, and the rain comes down in torrents, but generally clears up ..."
8. The Arāīs̲h-i-maḥfil: Or, The Ornament of the Assembly by Sher ʻAlī Jaʻfarī Afsos, Major Henry Court (1882)
"The third is Bhadon, in which there is a good deal of flashing and shining ... that they say " the rain in the month Bhadon is of a wonderful description, ..."