Definition of Bhadrapada
1. Noun. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bhadrapada Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bhadrapada
Literary usage of Bhadrapada
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Census of the Exact Sciences in Sanskrit by David Edwin Pingree (1994)
"... of Bhadrapada in Saka 1698 = 13 September 1776. BHU C.2234. 19ff. Copied in Sarn. ... of Bhadrapada in Saka 1718 = 18 or 25 September or 1 October 1796. ..."
2. Census of the Exact Sciences in Sanskrit by David Edwin Pingree (1976)
"... of Bhadrapada in Sam. 1831 = ca. 7-19 September 1774. UP Archives Sa 49 (6797). ... of Bhadrapada in Saka 1746 = ca. 3 September 1824. PUL I Dharma 619. ..."
3. The Bṛihat Saṃhitâ of Varaha Mihira by Varāhamihira, N Chidambaram Iyer (1884)
"Those who are born on the lunar day of U. Bhadrapada will be Brahmins, performers of sacrificial rights; will be generous, devout, rich and observant of the ..."
4. The Hindú Home-life by Kaccoo Mal Manucha (1890)
"... Bhadrapada (August-September) from Purva Bhadrapada and Uttara Bhadrapada; A'swin or Knar (September-October) from Aswini; Kartik (October-November) ..."