Definition of Bisayas
1. Noun. Group of islands in the central Philippines.
Group relationships: Philippine Islands, Philippines
Generic synonyms: Island
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bisayas Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bisayas
Literary usage of Bisayas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. True Version of the Philippine Revolution by Emilio Aguinaldo (1899)
"The expedition to Bisayas was a complete success as far as the conveyance of our troops to the chief strategic points was concerned, our steamers returning ..."
2. A Gazetteer of Ethnology by Akira Matsumura (1908)
"Bisayas, in the islands of Panay, Negros, Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Samar, and on the south ... Bisayas, on the lower Padas and the Klias, British North Borneo; ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1915)
"Jar burial both in caves and out was also practised in the Bisayas and in the ... Jager wrote of cave burials in the Bisayas and H. Ling Both discusses the ..."
4. The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803: Explorations by Early Navigators by Emma Helen Blair, James Alexander Robertson, Edward Gaylord Bourne (1906)
"Father Fray Pedro Baldo, son of the convent at Valencia; aged twenty-six years, and nine in the order; was minister in Bisayas, where he died on "J It ..."
5. Philippine Life in Town and Country by James Alfred LeRoy, James Alfred Le Roy (1907)
"... it is very certain that Spanish authority would have continued to be asserted in Luzon outside of the central provinces and in the Bisayas in general. ..."