Definition of Eastern Highlands
1. Noun. A mountain range running along the eastern coast of Australia.
Group relationships: Australia, Commonwealth Of Australia, Australia
Terms within: Australian Alps
Generic synonyms: Chain, Chain Of Mountains, Mountain Chain, Mountain Range, Range, Range Of Mountains
Eastern Highlands Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eastern Highlands Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eastern Highlands
Literary usage of Eastern Highlands
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Annual Meeting (1901)
"In mapping the group of rocks associated with the well-known Quartzite and Limestone in the Eastern Highlands, it has been found that there is an incessant ..."
2. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"Eastern. Highlands.—This name covers in a ;eneral way the mountain ranges and ... Along the axis of the entire mass of eastern highlands extends a spacious ..."
3. Europe by George Goudie Chisholm (1899)
"The North-Eastern Highlands The highlands of the north-east are of much less height than those of the Central Plateau. They begin in the south with the ..."
4. Final Report by New Jersey Geological Survey (1902)
"TILL OF THE Eastern Highlands. The till of this region is composed chiefly of debris from the gneiss (see p. 462). Like all such till it has a grey, sandy, ..."
5. Panama Adventure Guide by Patricia Katzman (2004)
"The Eastern Highlands Boquete A smooth blacktop road escalates gently north from David to quiet little Boquete, a charming agricultural town famed its ..."
6. The Physical Geology & Geography of Ireland: With Two Coloured Maps and by Edward Hull (1891)
"... CHAPTER V NORTH-Eastern Highlands Mountains of Mourne and Carlingford.—This group of mountains is full of interest as illustrating plutonic and volcanic ..."