Definition of Fort Lauderdale
1. Noun. A city in southeast Florida on the Atlantic coast to the north of Miami; a favorite place for college students to go on their spring vacations.
Group relationships: Everglade State, Fl, Florida, Sunshine State
Fort Lauderdale Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fort Lauderdale Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fort Lauderdale
Literary usage of Fort Lauderdale
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biblical Counsel: Resources for Renewal : an Annotated Topical Bibliography by Steven C. Kettler (1993)
"CRM Kennedy, D. James, "lt's a Wonderful Life" (Fort Lauderdale, FL: Coral Ridge ... 31529 Kennedy, D. James, "The Hope of the World" (Fort Lauderdale, ..."
2. Adventure Guide to the Bahamas by Blair Howard (2002)
"... Orlando and Tampa; Bahamasair. from Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando; ... American Eagle, from Miami and Fort Lauderdale; Bahamasair, from Miami; ..."
3. Fifty Years' Observation of Men and Events, Civil and Military by Erasmus Darwin Keyes (1884)
"Fort Lauderdale.—George H. Thomas.— Lieutenant Wyse, and other officers.—Service in Florida.—In New Orleans.—General Gaines.—Comparison of Scott and Gaines. ..."
4. Gayellow Pages: The National Edition 2005-2006 USA and Canada by Frances Green (2005)
"... Residential Real Estate in the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Wilton Manors Area ? ... Service areas include Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors, Las Olas, Pompano. ..."