Definition of Frank Norris
1. Noun. United States writer (1870-1902).
Frank Norris Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Frank Norris Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Frank Norris
Literary usage of Frank Norris
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Some American Story Tellers by Frederic Taber Cooper (1911)
"Frank Norris IT is barely a decade since Frank Norris was putting the final touches to the volume which was destined to be his last novel, and clarifying ..."
2. The Bookman (1903)
"Frank Norn» A graphic little story regarding the late Frank Norris has reached us, which goes . to P.rove that the most convincing touches in fiction are ..."
3. The Days of a Man: Being Memories of a Naturalist, Teacher, and Minor by David Starr Jordan (1922)
"... Somewhat of the same intellectual type was Frank Frank Norris, a writer of more orderly method and ..."
4. The Writer's Art by Those who Have Practiced it by Rollo Walter Brown (1921)
"SIMPLICITY IN ART' Frank Norris 1870-1902 THIS brief paper is reprinted from the ... Frank Norris is best known as the author of The Octopus and The Pit, ..."
5. The Cambridge History of American Literature by William Peterfield Trent (1921)
"Stephens, HM The Work of Frank Norris: An Appreciation. ... Van Doren, C. Frank Norris. Warner's Library of The World's Best Literature, Vol. 18, 1917. ..."
6. Specimens of Prose Composition by Frank Wilson Cheney Hersey, Chester Noyes Greenough (1907)
"NOON IN THE PLAZA1 Frank Norris It was high noon, and the rays of the sun, that hung poised directly overhead in an intolerable white glory, fell straight ..."
7. Putnam's Magazine (1909)
"There can't be more than one Frank Norris, and he has been dead, alas! for years." Then I picked it up again, and saw that this Frank Norris whose name was ..."