Definition of Hawaiian Islands
1. Noun. A group of volcanic and coral islands in the central Pacific.
Group relationships: Polynesia
Terms within: Aloha State, Hawai'i, Hawaii, Hi, Hawaii, Hawaii Island, Kahoolawe, Kahoolawe Island, Kauai, Kauai Island, Lanai, Lanai Island, Maui, Maui Island, Molokai, Molokai Island, Nihau, Nihau Island, Oahu, Oahu Island, Midway Islands
Generic synonyms: Archipelago
Hawaiian Islands Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hawaiian Islands Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hawaiian Islands
Literary usage of Hawaiian Islands
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1903)
"Henri G. McGrew died on the 22d day of October 1894, in Honolulu, Hawaiian islands, and said plaintiff survived him. "3. Said Henri G. McGrew, ..."
2. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting (1902)
"THE QUESTION OF THE Hawaiian Islands. BY REV. DOUGLAS P. BIRNIE, OF RYE, NY Many of us thought when annexation was accomplished that the Hawaiian question ..."
3. The Harvard Classics by Charles William Eliot (1910)
"JOINT Resolution To provide for annexing the Hawaiian Islands to the United States. Whereas the Government of the Republic of Hawaii having, ..."
4. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1903)
"The municipal legislation of the Hawaiian islands, not enacted for the fulfilment of the treaties so extinguished, and not inconsistent with this joint ..."
5. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1843)
"The Sandwich or Hawaiian Islands. at Lahaina, and one at Waimea, Kanai. But one afterwards appeared up to December, 1841 ; making seven French whalers in ..."
6. The Statutes at Large and Treaties of the United States of America from by United States (1862)
"Peace ARTICLE H. There shall be reciprocal liberty of commerce and navigation between the United States of America and the Hawaiian Islands. ..."
7. Documentary Source Book of American History by William MacDonald (1916)
"Annexation of the Hawaiian Islands July 7,1898 IN January, 1893, Queen Liliuokalani of the Hawaiian Islands was forced to abdicate, and a provisional ..."