Definition of Hyderabad
1. Noun. A city in southern Pakistan on the Indus River.
Group relationships: Islamic Republic Of Pakistan, Pakistan, West Pakistan
2. Noun. A city in south central India in Andhra Pradesh.
Group relationships: Bharat, India, Republic Of India
Definition of Hyderabad
1. Proper noun. State capital of Andhra Pradesh (India). ¹
2. Proper noun. A city in the Sindh province of Pakistan. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hyderabad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyderabad
Literary usage of Hyderabad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"On 20 May, 1851, the mission of Hyderabad-Deccan was made a Vicariate Apostolic with ... His territory covered all the present Diocese of Hyderabad with the ..."
2. The Protected Princes of India by William Lee-Warner (1894)
"The strength and duties of the subsidiary force were set forth, and as an auxiliary force the “Hyderabad contingent” was constituted. ..."
3. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"Whereas in the 1st Article of the Supplemental Treaty concluded between the Honourable East India Company and the government of Hyderabad on the 22nd day of ..."
4. The Life of Captain Sir Richd F. Burton by Isabel Burton (1893)
"An hour before reaching Hyderabad (Deccan) all nature changes to a strange formation ... Hyderabad is the largest and most important native State in India, ..."
5. The Life and Correspondence of Charles, Lord Metcalfe by Charles Theophilus Metcalfe Metcalfe (1858)
"LEAVING Hyderabad. Illness of Charles Metcalfe—Death of his Brother—Correspondence with Dr. Goodall—Visit to Calcutta—Dr. Nicolson— Return to ..."
6. The American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by George Ripley, Charles Anderson Dana (1883)
"Branch lines are projected from this main line to the city of Hyderabad, and from Hyderabad to Masulipatam on the Madras coast. The government is Mohammedan ..."